The students and grandmothers of Nyaka and Kutamba are fortunate to have such dedicated, giving, and compassionate Young Heroes raising funds and awareness on their behalf. You can be a Young Hero too! Email Desiree to find out how at email@example.com
young hero opportunities
The Nyaka Junior Board Members
Meet our Junior Board Members, kids who are dedicated to making a difference in this world and helping others.
Brick By Brick
One of the biggest ways to help orphans in Uganda is through free education! The Nyaka AIDS Orphan Project has two primary schools (elementary) and we are working on building a brand new secondary (middle and high school). The Nyaka Secondary and Vocational School will help us provide free secondary education to even more students and to continue to support students until they are ready to go to college.
How YOU Can Help
Did you ever think that YOU could help build a school? You can! For every 50 cents you give, Nyaka can buy one brick to help build the school! Bring in your 50 cents today to help children across the world in Uganda go to school! Color in a brick for every 50 cents you bring in, and be proud of yourself for giving kids in Uganda the opportunity to go to school, just like you!
A Barefoot Mile is where participants walk one mile barefoot to represent the upwards of 7 miles the students of Nyaka and Kutamba walk to attend school.
Another way you can connect with and raise funds for the children that Nyaka educates is by hosting a Barefoot Mile like the students at Shenandoah University will be doing!
Create Your Own Fundraiser
You can also just make up your own fundraiser all together! Our Young Heroes are continuously surprising us with their creative ways of fundraising for the children that we serve in Uganda. Young Heroes have done all of the following and more:
- Sent in pennies from their piggy banks.
- Hosted a “Pennies for Pencils” fundraiser at school where all students were encouraged to bring in pennies to donate.
- Bought and sold pencils to friends, family, and neighbors and donated the proceeds.
- Made and sold duct tape flower pens and donated all the proceeds.
- Hosted a bake sale and sold fruit baskets donated all the proceeds.
- Hosted a benefit concert on behalf of Nyaka and Kutamba Students.
- Participated in and raised money through a triathlon.
- Sponsored students, as a Girl Scout troop, Boy Scout troop, 4H club, and as a school classroom.
- Sold Nyaka Grandmother-made baskets and necklaces.
Use your creativity and talents to change lives. Become a Young Hero and help children across the World today!
Email Desiree at firstname.lastname@example.org for more information