Since The Nyaka AIDS Orphans Project was founded, it has been honored with excellent media coverage from such notable sources as CNN Heroes, TIME Magazine, and The Christian Science Monitor. Jackson Kaguri's book (formerly The Price of Stones), now available in paperback as A School for My Village has also received acclaim since its release in June of 2010. To stay abreast of Nyaka and A School for My Village in the news and on the internet, follow Jackson on Twitter (@NyakaProject) or friend "Nyaka AIDS Orphans Project" on Facebook.
- 77 WABC Radio: The Joan Hamburg Show featuring Jackson Kaguri View
- Grandmothers: A Cornerstone of the Community - UNAIDS 2017 Right to Health, p.43 Read more
- How a 'Hero to Uganda' Ended Up Living in Okemos - Lansing State Journal Read Article
- One By One Okemos Michigan 2017 PSA - MyWLAJ53 Watch on Youtube
- Shenandoah University screens award winning documentary 'Cornerstone' - LocalDVM.com Read Article
- Vail Valley’s Nyaka network still reaching out to Ugandan AIDS orphans Read Article
- Sprituality & Health - The Commons: Stepping into My Brother’s Shoes - Read Article
- Shoot. Publicity Wire: CORNERSTONE - Documentary Shining Light on Plight and Future of HIV/AIDS Orphans in Uganda. Read Article
- The Observer (Uganda): Nyaka School's Jackson Kaguri deserves a medal for valour Read Article.
- RadioOne Interview with Twesigye Jackson Kaguri (AUDIO)
- Metro FM 90.8 and Sanyu FM 88.2 (Uganda Radio)
On Uganda news! It was announced on November 21 (2016) that Uganda primary schools will provide early sex education to students and cover the topic of HIV/AIDS. Nyaka Primary School’s Head Teacher, Annet Ahumuza, led the way to push for the adoption of this curriculum addition, all in the name of preventing early pregnancy and the contraction of HIV/AIDS. Listen to these new clips on Uganda radio stations, up to the news story’s conclusion. We are proud of our teachers who have been behind this initiative, and for the country understanding that our young students will benefit from this crucial subject matter. The interviewers released this story in time for CORNERSTONE’s upcoming World Premiere in Kampala on December 1 (2016).
- The Independent
Film on Kaguri’s Nyaka AIDS Orphans Project premieres Dec 1 Read Article
- Nyaka Founder Awarded Honorary Doctorate Read Article
- Twesigye Jackson Kaguri honored at 1st Annual Equanimity Awards Benefit Gala Read Article
- Each One Reach One
Each One Reach One features Jackson Kaguri Listen here.
- Huffington Post
CNN Hero Jackson Kaguri, Founder Of The Nyaka AIDS Foundation, Helps AIDS Orphans In Uganda. See video and read article..
- Global Fund for Children
Our Partners - CNN Heroes. Read article..
- New Vision - Uganda
Uganda's Kaguri; the CNN Hero for 2012.Read article..
- Uganda Diaspora
Twesigye Jackson Kaguri Makes The Nomination To The 2012 CNN Heroes! Read article..
- Vail Daily
Help from Eagle County to Uganda Read article..
Local "Hero" Re-Builds Village in Uganda. See video and read article..
- East Lansing Rotary
Club Member Jackson Kaguri featured on CNN. See video and read article..
- Kaguri Featured in Huffington Post
The Nyaka AIDS Orphans Project is featured on the Global Motherhood page of the Huffington Post. To read the article about our grandmothers who find themselves once again parenting, please click here..
- Twesigye Jackson Kaguri Speaks At United Nations
After being invited to speak at the United Nations in New York City on the impending 2015 Millennium Goal deadline for access to education for all, Executive Director and Founder T. Jackson Kaguri sat down with a United Nations representative to discuss running schools in rural Uganda. Listen here..
- Kaguri named a Heifer International Hero.
- Leader in Helping Uganda AIDS Orphans Visits Local Schools
Eagle, CO - When Robbie Hixon handed Jackson Kaguri an envelope with a thank-you letter and some money in it, Kaguri smiled and held it like he had the futures of some Ugandan AIDS orphans in his hands. Read more..
- WUWM, "Lake Effect" - NPR
Interview with Kaguri about "A School for My Village.".
- TIME Magazine
Jackson Kaguri was featured in "The Power of ONE" section as a single man with a powerful vision. Our communities in Uganda are highlighted for their strength and successes over this long journey to make Uganda a better place for orphaned children. Watch video. Read article..
Afar Magazine, San Francisco, CA - "Build a Better World" Read article.
New Citizens Press, Lansing, MI - "The Fight Against HIV/AIDS Still Rages After 25 Years" Read article.
Uganda Pulse, Kampala, Uganda - "Kutamba Aids Orphans School: A New Dawn of Hope for AIDS Orphans in Uganda" Read article.
The Huffington Post - "AIDS Orphans and Faith: Why I Return to Uganda" Read article.
Uganda Pulse, Kampala, Uganda - "Nyaka School for Orphans: One Man's Vision and Inexhaustible Determination" Read article.
National Public Radio's On Point Listen to interview.
BlogTalk Radio Listen to interview.
usatoday.com Read review.
Lansing City Pulse, Lansing, MI "Educating Uganda" Read article.
Observer - Nyaka School revives hope for AIDS orphans. Read article.
Observer - A school in honour of his desire. Read article.