When We Collect Information
We collect information from you when you use our website in a variety of ways, including but not limited to the following:
- Visiting pages on our website;
- Making an online donation;
- Completing surveys;
- Registering for a program or an event;
- Registering to participate in an advocacy or public awareness campaign.
What We Collect When You Visit Our Website
We may collect personal and non-personal information that you choose to supply to NAOP such as the following: Personal information, such as:
- Contact information, including name, mailing address, e-mail address, and phone number;
- Demographic and other information including job title, postcode, preferences, and interests;
- Financial information such as credit card number, expiration date, security code, bank routing number and account number;
Non-personal information, such as:
- Internet protocol (IP) address and browsing variables (e.g., domain from which you access the Internet, time you spend on our website, etc.);
- Cookies that help us recognize when you re-visit our website.
What We Do With the Information We Gather
Generally, we request and use personal information to carry out the transactions that you request, such as making a donation and participating in events. We also use information, such as cookies and IP information, to understand your needs and provide you with a better online experience.
More specifically, we may use your personal information and non-personal information for the following reasons:
- Enter your information into our database for internal record keeping, reporting and data analysis;
- Communicate with you to obtain your input, provide information on our programs and events, or request contributions, provided you have opted in to receive such communications;
- Improve our programs and services;
- Customize the website according to your interests;
We reserve the right to use non-personal information, such as IP addresses, to identify a user when we feel it is necessary to protect the compelling interest of the website, our donors or to comply with laws, court orders, or law enforcement requests.
Your Choice to Opt Out
We provide you with the opportunity to “opt out” of having your personal information used for certain purposes when we ask for this information. If you no longer wish to receive NAOP communications, you may opt out of receiving such communications by following the instructions in the communication or by calling our office at (517)575-6623.
Donations – We Care About Doing It Right
We are committed to accuracy and precision in processing your contribution information. We employ a variety of error-checking procedures, and our systems are subject to independent external and internal audits to ensure privacy, security and accurate processing of your information.
Is My Credit Card Information Secure?
We use a variety of safeguards to protect the security of your credit card transactions. We use technologies and processes such as encryption, access controls, network firewalls, physical security and other measures. These measures make it extremely difficult for anyone to intercept the credit card information you send to us. When we work with other companies to process credit card transactions, many of those companies also use encryption and/or other security measures. You can make financial contributions online, by mail, or by calling our office at (517)575-6623.
Is My Personal Information Secure?
We are committed to ensuring that your personal information is secure. In order to prevent unauthorized access or disclosure, we have put in place suitable physical, electronic and managerial procedures to safeguard the information we collect online.
If you have any questions about this Policy, or practices of our website, please write to: